Brad took off Monday and Tuesday of last week to spend some time with Jake and I and it was great! We ran lots of errands around town and it was awesome to get out of the house. I just love spending time with both of my boys!!
We also went up to KidTech to talk to Jake's teachers and to get his supplies list. I know he is going to do great and the facility came highly reccomended, but I couldnt help but feel so overwhelmed with saddness and tears. I've heard freinds talk about how hard it is to send their baby to daycare, but no words can explain it until you are in the situation. Also the fact that people have been sending their children to daycare for years and they turned out fine does not make me feel any better about sending Jake to someone else. Its just so hard to imagine being away from him so much during the day. For now we will just try not to think about the upcoming change for Jake and us too much. :)
I also went to the doctor on Tuesday and was cleared to resume regular activities. YAY! I cannot wait to start running and working out again. I did start mowing the yard some and just had Brad come get me when Jake started getting hungry. I've lost quite a bit of weight but I have a ways to go to get back into my normal work clothes. I really dont want to have to buy a bunch of new clothes that will be too big once I get back to my normal size. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
The rest of the week was great. Jake is continuing to grow steadily and by the weekend he was 9lbs 12 oz! He is growing so fast.
It has been so hot around here in the last few weeks. We are setting record highs which makes it difficult to get out with Jake. I just worry about his ability to cool himself especially when we have heat advisorys each day. We did take Jake out for a short time on Saturday night for our friend Caleb's girlfriends birthday. It was also a welcome to Memphis party as she just relocated from Arizona. It got pretty hot out so Brad went to the car for a little while to cool Jake off and Andy joined him with Harrison who is just 7 weeks older than Jake. We were so glad we made it out though because just after sunset Caleb proposed to Cindy in front of everyone. We were so glad to be a part of the special day.
No comments:
Post a Comment