It is so easy to see all the wonderful parents out there and assume they've got it all down. Now I know that isnt true and mistakes happen to everyone, but sometimes it is hard to imagine. We are definitely not the parents who have it all figured out yet, but we really are trying.
I realized yesterday that I made my first big mommy mistake and it just tore me up! We have started supplimenting one bottle of formula each day for Jake because I've been having some milk supply issues. Well, at first we were using the premixed formula that is easy and ready to go, but in the last few days we switched to powdered formula. I was so concerned that I would mix it wrong so I ready carefully...so I thought. I read the side and it says 2 fl oz formula / 2 fl oz water / 1 scoop. Well I apparently read with sleepy eyes or something and thought it said 2, 2, 2. So for the last few days Jake has gotten a 4 oz bottle with to much powder! It is no wonder he was acting hungry afterward. He was just thirsty for more water. I figured it out yesterday and we made the fix immediately, but I felt horrible. Luckily Jake is only getting formula once a day and not all the time so he wasnt dehydrated.
It is just so easy to make a mistake and immediately feel like a failure of a parent. I have learned my lesson and will be so much more careful in the future! I'm thankful that Brad was supportive and reassured me that Jake is fine when I started to beat myself up because I could've hurt him.
I just felt so bad! I'm glad my little man loves me unconditionally and isn't holding it against me.
No comments:
Post a Comment