Well it seems like every time we turn around Jake is getting a bump or a bruise from his exploration. No matter how close of an eye we keep on him he just HAS to get out and about and figure things out and that doesnt always end in the best way! In general Jake is pretty tough though. Most of the time he looks to Brad and I with the most adorable little face to see if he should be upset or not. When he falls down we usually respond with a laugh and say "all fall down!" After that Jake knows everything is ok and he bursts out laughing. But, on a few occasions we've known it was more than just a little fall. Which can be very scary!
Last Thursday we had another experience...all of you out there with new babies PLEASE be cautious with baby Q-tips! I've cleaned Jakes nose out many of times with baby q-tips and havent had a problem, but apparently last week it wasnt a good idea. As I started twirling the entire cotton end came off in his nose! I tried to pull it out but he quickly sniffed in very hard and sucked the end down into his nasal cavity. After a short crying spell he was fine but we could tell it was stuck in there. When he fell asleep it sounded like a wheezing coming from his nose. I was so worried that I ended up holding him for quite a long time. After an hour and a half or so he sniffed awkwardly and then started breathing normally again. A second later he woke up licking his lips. I tried to reach in his mouth to see if it came down and into his mouth but i couldnt find anything. Brad took him to the doctor the next day and Dr. Hayes said everything is okay! It is extremely likely that he swallowed it like we thought! Such a scary experience though!
Our next big spill came on Sunday when we were changing our sheets. Brad had Jake on the bed playing and I jumped on the bed too. We were having a ball giggling and playing, and we were very cautious to make sure we were holding him somehow so he couldnt dart off and fall off the bed. BUT, in the blink of an eye I looked away (still holding his arms though) and he banged his head on our footboard. Luckily it was covered by our comforter but it was still a VERY VERY hard hit and he was in pain. The worst cry ever is the silent cry when their little faces are a purplish red color and they are crying so hard no sound comes out. Well that is exactly the cry we had for the next while. I have no idea how long it was but it seemed like a good 20 or 30 minutes. I just hate to see him upset and knowing htere is nothing I can do to make it better. Jake got his first cut and I was just certain it was going to be a black eye. Its been two days now and it isnt black yet so were hoping we made it out without the first black eye. I guess we'll see though.
People always say it but its amazing what just a second can make. That experience reminded us that we cannot get lazy for even a brief instant with this little man around! I feel for those of you with twins or more at the same age!
No comments:
Post a Comment