Our family

Our family

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The First Few Weeks

Well Jake is now 2 and a half weeks old.  I cannot believe how quickly time is flying by!  Our first week at home was a huge learning experience but I am so thankful Brad was able to stay home with me.  We didnt sleep much but I wouldnt trade that time. 

It was so hard for us to do much besides hold our little man in awe.  We had to constantly remind ourselves that such a perfect little man came from us and we are now parents!  That amanzing week flew by and before we knew it it was time for Brad to go back to work. 

My mom, grandma, came into town on Sunday evening to help out and stayed with us for the next week.  It was so good to have some help around the house and with Jake since Brad was now back to work.  I wanted so badly to do as much as I could since Brad was working and had to get up early again, but i quickly learned it was more difficult than i thought it would be.  Mom was great and helped by holding/watching Jake late at night so the two of us could have a few good hours of sleep.  That week flew by too!  Daddy came into town Friday afternoon and visited with us.  Jake was happy to see his Grandpa again.  Brad had to work the Collierville Independence Celebration on Saturday night so my parents, Jake and I hung out most of the day.  They watched Jake so I could go up to the event for a short time but it was so difficult to stop thinking about Jake!  I guess it will get easier to leave him.  Right now i cannot imagine sending him to day care in 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment