Many exciting things happened this week!
Jake is continuing to grow. On Tuesday he was back up to his birth weight of 8lbs 8oz. FINALLY! That was a huge relief to Brad and I. I've been weighing him every other day and he is gradually gaining. Thursday he was 8lbs 10oz and today he is 8lbs 12 oz. He is pretty steadily gaining weight. Which i guess is why he is eating so much more frequently. He seems to be eating about every hour now. I consider myself lucky if he goes for a few hours between feedings.
Earlier in the week we were convinced that he had colic because he was so much more fussy than ever before and the symptoms (1. hungry all the time 2. fussy and crying in the afternoon/at night for no reason 3. arching his back and passing lots of gas) really seemed to fit. Now Im thinking he has just been experiencing his first growth spurt. That would explain the constant eating and the crying was most likely because I was trying to delay feeding him because it seemed too soon. I've been feeding him more frequently now and he has been much less fussy. I hope that is it, but Ill see in the next few days.
Jake's cord also fell off on Tuesday! I have been expecting it to happen, but no one told me how nervous it would make me. I've been diligently cleaning it with alcohol because I wanted to make sure it would look right. Well when I was getting him dressed on Tuesday morning the cord fell off and I was so worried. I didn't know if I should continue to clean it or leave it alone or what to do. I've been cleaning it in the morning and at night now and it has been a few days I think it looks great now. Its amazing how such little things seem so stressful at the time!
Bunko was Thursday and I really wanted to go but I want sure I would have enough milk to leave him. Luckily on Wednesday night and Thursday morning I was able to pump and get enough so I felt comfortable to go. It was great to get out of the house, but I was so nervous! He was staying home with Brad so I knew he would be fine but I couldnt help wondering if he had everything he needed. I was away for about three hours and everything was fine. My guys did great on their first boys night! :) And I had a great time catching up with my friends!
We are very excited for tomorrow...Jake is getting newborn pictures taken!! I will post pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment